Breastfeeding Confidential was created by Andrea Tran, a lactation consultant (IBCLC) who has been helping moms with breastfeeding for over 25 years
Breast Feeding Confidential is a lactation consultant (IBCLC) and has been helping moms with breastfeeding for over 25 years.
Are you overwhelmed with conflicting information about breastfeeding on the internet and Facebook?
Are you looking for a place that provides research-based information? Information from a team with a wealth of experience helping breastfeeding moms?
Are you looking for a judgment-free zone?
Then you have come to the right place!
We can help arrange virtual lactation consults so you can get help when you need it, in the comfort of your own home.
Sign up for access to our Resource Library with free printables and e-books. There’s even a tutorial to make a nursing top.
Discover more from our Youtube Page
- A registered nurse and an IBCLC – International Board Certified Lactation Consultant.
- BSN, and an MA in Health and Wellness with a Focus on Lactation.
- Worked for 24 years at a community hospital, and was the program coordinator of the lactation program for 12 of the 24 years.
- Provided education to patients, staff, medical students, and physicians. Mentored many lactation consultants.
- Breastfed all three children.
While Andrea is no longer involved with the site, she created most of the content and remains the inspiration for everything we do.
Here’s Andrea in her own words
I started Breastfeeding Confidential because I love helping moms breastfeed!
My clinical experience:
- I help moms and babies get started breastfeeding.
- I see outpatients throughout the time that a baby breastfeeds.
- I help moms on a telephone.
- I teach breastfeeding classes.
- One of my proudest achievements was starting and facilitating a breastfeeding support group.
- I help moms with
- Sore nipples
- Low milk supply
- Breast pain due to clogged ducts, mastitis and abscess
- Going back to work
- Pumping problems
I would love to help you with your journey.
If you have a problem or concern with breastfeeding, chances are very good that I’ve had experience with it.
I also provide help and education on an informal basis. I have answered questions about breastfeeding:
- While putting gas in my car
- At the gym
- On airplanes
- At dinner parties
- For friends who are new grandmas who want to help their daughters and daughters-in-law with breastfeeding
One of the most memorable times I did breastfeeding education was when I was stopped at a stop light and car full of guys in their early 20’s in the car next to me asked me about my window sticker about breastfeeding.
I love helping moms work through the challenges of breastfeeding and come out on the other side.
I grieve with those moms who come to the decision that breastfeeding is not working and they decide to end their breastfeeding journey sooner than they had wanted to.
There is rarely one right way of doing things, and breastfeeding is an ever-changing experience as your baby grows and changes.