Finding the right baby bottle might be difficult because of the range of options and confusing marketing and ads.
Whether you are currently breastfeeding exclusively, formula feeding, or a mix of the two, you most definitely need a bottle at some point. This may be because you’re splitting night time feeds, getting back to work, or moving to formula feeding. Whatever the case, successfully introducing a bottle is key.
We’ve collected a list of the best baby bottles available today and answer some frequently asked questions about bottle feeding. Hopefully this is helpful for your bottle feeding journey..
Best Breastfeeding Bottles For Newborns
With so many options on the market, it can be tough to decide which baby bottle is best for your child. However, some top-selling bottles are worth trying out. These include the best breastfeeding bottles or have a breast-like design to help with latching for breastfed infants, as well as anti-colic and self-sterilizing devices.
Chicco NaturalFeeling Bottle
First on our list of top breastfeeding bottles, is the Chicco NaturalFeeling Bottle. These bottles have a soft, nipple-like teat that gives your baby an exceptionally gentle flow. They are ideal for breastfeeding moms who want to make the transition to bottle feeding easier on their babies.
The Chicco SIP introduces another sophisticated feeding solution with a unique design. This bottle has a nipple on the side rather than in the middle, which Chicco claims increases comfort and ease of feeding while also emulating how a baby naturally feeds.
MAM Easy Start 260ml
The MAM self-sterilizing bottles are a game-changer because they make life simpler while traveling since your bottle is ready for anything. It just takes three minutes in the microwave to heat.
These reputable, anti-colic bottles are excellent – they include ventilation holes and are marketed as helping to reduce baby’s chances of developing colic by ensuring that your baby isn’t taking in too much air.
- ANTI-COLIC - Our vented base design releases liquid slowly, reducing colic symptoms in 80%* of babies by eliminating bubbles that cause gas and aggravate colic & reflux symptoms
- BREASTFED BABIES - The elongated nipple shape of our anti colic baby bottles feels just like mom so parents and newborns can easily switch between breastfeeding and bottle feeding
- EASY CLEAN - No need for a separate bottle sterilizer: MAM bottles self-sterilize in the microwave in 3 minutes, meaning fewer baby items to take on the go
- PRODUCT DETAILS - MAM Easy Start Anti Colic Baby Bottles 9 oz (3-Pack), 3 Baby Bottles with 3 Medium Flow Silicone Nipple, Newborn Essentials, Unisex
Comotomo Natural Feel Baby Bottle
The Comotomo Natural Baby Bottle will address all current problems with regular baby bottles and have a beautiful design. It imitates breastfeeding and is simple for tiny hands to grasp, which benefits newborns suffering from bottle rejection and nipple confusion. The leak-free bottle reduces colic since it allows milk to flow gently. It is not as expensive as other things on this list.
- Comotomo baby bottles are deisgned to most closely mimic breastfeeding to reduce bottle rejection
- Ultra wide neck design allows easy cleaning by hand without a brush. Unisex
- Safe in microwave, boiling water, dishwashers and sterilizers ; Nipple: Slow Flow 0-3 months, Medium flow 3-6 months
- Nipple and body is made of 100% safe hygienic medical grade silicone
- Dual anti colic vents prevent unwanted air intake and reduce colic
Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Feeding Bottles
The Tommee Tippee bottles are a top seller on Amazon from a respected manufacturer, so if your baby is having trouble latching, they’re an excellent choice to try. It is an excellent choice for breastfed babies because it has a teat that resembles a breast for an easy latch and a soft, natural feel. The anti-colic valves on the teat, which include a venting system that prevents excessive airflow while your baby eats, are notable features of these natural bottles.
- Anti-colic: Closer to Nature nipples feature an innovative anti-colic valve which prevents excessive air from getting into your baby’s milk, helping to reduce the symptoms of colic
- Natural latch: Our bottle nipples are made from soft silicone and have a special breast-like shape that encourages a natural latch and prevents nipple confusion when switching between breast, bottle and back again
- Natural pace: The soft silicone nipple flexes and stretches like mom and allows your baby to feed comfortably at their own pace
- Most recommended baby bottle*: 95% of moms would recommend Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottles**
- 100% leakproof: When the screw ring, nipple and cap are all secured, your baby bottle is completely mess-free and leakproof, even if it’s turned upside down or shaken
Nuby Natural Touch Newborn Starter Set
The set includes four bottles, a soother, bottle brush, chewable teether, bib and more for those first few days you’re presenting your baby to the bottle. The refinements are very nice, and the pricing is reasonable. The Easy Latch teats in bottles replicate the form, feel, and organic flex of your breasts to make it easier for your baby to attach.
- Nuby’s Natural Touch 3 Pack Bottles with Slow Flow Soft Flex Nipples prepares parents for feeding new little ones. The bottles hold 6 oz/180 ml and are graduated in ounces and milliliters for easy measuring and mixing formula.
- Soft Flex nipple mimics mom’s natural breast shape. It’s designed to move and flex like a real nipple, encouraging latch on and making the transition between breastfeeding and bottle feeding easier on mom and baby.
- The slow-flow nipple is perfect for new babies, allowing them to drink at a slower pace that fits their needs. Built with valves on the nipple to help reduce air ingestion, which may cause colic.
- Our bottles are curved to fit easily in parent’s hand. Each bottle has grips to give parents a better hold for those half asleep, late-night feedings.
- Included ortho pacifier is made to fit baby's mouth. Its design helps to reduce issues when transitioning from breast to pacifier.
Medela Breastmilk Bottles
Themed bottles combine fun and function. They’re perfect for newborns who don’t take a bottle well because they allow you to use any Medela breast pump, as long as it uses the same type of caps or teats. The easy-to-read (no matter how exhausted you may be), microwave-safe, dishwasher-safe metric, and imperial measurements on the side are also pretty handy in a pinch.
What To Look For In A Bottle For Breastfed Babies
After you’ve decided on the bottle you want, go through one more list to ensure you haven’t forgotten anything.
Bottle Teat Design
A slow-flow teat is generally better since it mirrors how milk naturally flows from the breast. This will be more comfortable for your baby. If your infant has trouble wrapping their lips around a wide-neck nipple teat, then a narrow-neck nipple with a gentle slope might do the trick.
Glass and plastic baby bottles are popular choices. Plastic bottles are less expensive, more readily available, and simpler to hold for your baby than glass ones, especially because they are lighter. If you want to use plastic, be sure it’s BPA-free.
Glass bottles are considerably more environmentally friendly than plastic bottles, and the heavier weight and occasionally higher cost make them more appealing. Plastic does not get stained or absorb odors as readily as glass. Furthermore, it is more long-lasting and simple to maintain.
We’re all for convenience when it comes to bottles that can be linked straight to your breast pump because you won’t have to worry about transferring your milk.
Tips For Buying Bottles
Here are some guidelines you should abide by when purchasing your infant’s first bottle to ensure you don’t make a costly error.
Avoid Buying In Bulk
It would be a shame to purchase 20 bottles only to find out your kid hates them, so buy two or three types of viable candidates instead, and then decide which is best for your infant.
Consider Purchasing The Largest Size
The beautiful 4-ounce bottle is the perfect size for a newborn. On the other hand, the baby will grow fast and will be drinking 6 ounces of milk instead of 4 within a few weeks. Purchase the biggest size accessible; you may always use a set of slow-flow nipples with them until your kid is ready for faster-flow nipples.
Consider Your Breast Pump Brand
Being compatible is often a lifesaver – especially for busy mothers. You can save time using bottles that are compatible with your breast pump so that you can pump directly into them. Who wouldn’t want to save both time and effort?
If You Have A Second Child, Buy Fresh Bottles
I understand that it’s difficult shelling out more money, but if you’re still using bottles from when you had your first child, they might not be safe now. This is especially true if they contain the harmful chemical BPA.
We hope this article helped guide you to the best breastfeeding bottles for your newborn. Remember, it is important to do your research and to find a bottle that both you and your baby are comfortable with. Have fun trying out different bottles and finding the perfect one for you!