Heads up, this post may contain affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – check my Disclosure Policy to learn more. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
TOP TEN BEST GIFTS FOR BREASTFEEDING MOMS
- TOP TEN BEST GIFTS FOR BREASTFEEDING MOMS
- TOP TEN BEST BREASTFEEDING GIFTS
- A NURSING STOOL
- BREAST PUMP BAG
- A HANDS FREE PUMPING BRA
- BREASTFEEDING PILLOW
- CLOTHES FOR BREASTFEEDING MOMS
- BREASTFEEDING BOOKS
- BREASTMILK STORAGE CUBE TRAY
- NURSING PADS
- MULTI-FUNCTION NURSING SCARF
- FINAL THOUGHTS ON THE BEST BREASTFEEDING GIFTS
Breastfeeding doesn’t require a lot of accessories. You need breasts. For most moms, that’s all they really need.
But you might be thinking about what to put on your baby registry. Or you might be searching for the perfect gifts for breastfeeding moms.
It is true that some things may not be necessary but are really nice to have. When something falls in the category of not essential but nice to have your first thought should be, “I wonder if I can get someone else to buy it for me?
If you are a pregnant or breastfeeding mama, have a list ready of breastfeeding gifts you’d love to receive when someone asks you what you want.
When asking for a breastfeeding gift, be specific with color and size. You want to enjoy looking at that breastfeeding pillow or wearing those must-have breastfeeding clothes!
If you are looking for the best gifts for nursing mothers I have great suggestions for you.
TOP TEN BEST BREASTFEEDING GIFTS
I have spent almost three decades working with nursing moms. I breastfed three babies. I have found things that are practical, useful and a pleasure to receive.
That is why these are the best gifts for nursing moms.
A NURSING STOOL
In my opinion, a footstool for breastfeeding is almost an essential breastfeeding accessory.
It can make the difference between, “I feel okay,” and “I feel comfortable.”
Having your legs up just that little bit can make a huge difference in a nursing mom’s comfort because it encourages her to lean back just enough.
If you find that you are doing the tip-toe position when sitting then I highly recommend you put a footstool on your breastfeeding gifts wish list.
One of my very favorite nursing stools is the Leachco Rock N Soft Cushioned Nursing Stool. They take keeping your feet comfy to the next level by having a cozy place to tuck your feet into.
This Foam Foot Rest is crazy affordable and easy to move from room to room.
If you have someone who wants to gift you with a big-ticket item I love how this Graco Glider and Ottoman has a pull-out nursing stool. It comes in four different finishes.
BREAST PUMP BAG
A breast pump bag is an awesome gift for the breastfeeding mom who needs to take her pump to work. It is also perfect for the exclusively pumping mom who is never far from her pump.
While some pumps come with a bag, not all do. And insurance pumps are often bare-bones models with no bag or extras.
A good pumping bag enables mom to keep all her essential breast pumping supplies in one place. It should have an insulated area for pumped breast milk.
There are many options available at different price points.
This Sarah Wells Abby Breast Pump Bag might be considered one of the Cadillacs of breast pump bags. But it is beautiful, well made and functional.
Sarah Wells bags were designed by a breastfeeding mom who knows the features that moms need most.
If given as a gift it will make the gift giver one of mom’s favorite people. If you are buying it for yourself it is a splurge that is worth it.
It has real leather straps and comes in several colors.
If you are looking for a lower price point Mom Cozy has several nice options.
- In addition to your pump, you will want to make sure you have all the essentials for pumping. These items are perfect to put on your list of breastfeeding gifts you want. They come in at a low price point and can be combined if desired.
Teamoy Breastmilk Ice Packs are shaped so the curve around your bottles.
These Lunch Ice Packs come in four fun colors.
- Having an extra pump kit for those times that you took your pump kit out to wash it and forgot to put it back in the bag. Or forgot to take it out and clean it in the first place. It takes up some space but will be a lifesaver when you need it. And trust me, there will come a time when you will need it.
- Always pack the essential pump piece – you know the little insignificant-looking one that can make all the difference between having suction and not having suction.
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet bag
This one from Sarah Wells includes a staging mat.
- Water Bottle – I love how this one helps you keep on track drinking enough with the time marks.
- Snack Bars
- These Boobie Bars are super yummy, come in a variety of flavors and what a fun name.
A HANDS FREE PUMPING BRA
Pumping bras are hands-down a mom favorite. Can you say “Multi-task”?
Simples Wishes has been making hands-free pumping bras for longer than just about anyone.
Almost every mom wants a breastfeeding pillow. But there is not one pillow that is best for all moms. Check reviews and decide which one will be most helpful for you.
CLOTHES FOR BREASTFEEDING MOMS
Breastfeeding moms don’t need a whole wardrobe of special clothes designed for breastfeeding. But there are some items that are awesome to have.
Nursing Tank Tops
- They are really comfortable to wear right after you have your baby.
- They usually won’t require any special fitting, as a bra does.
- Tanks are stretchy and comfortable.
- You can wear them under a top to cover your tummy when you pull the top up to breastfeed.
Sleepwear for Breastfeeding
You have got to love nursing pajamas that are functional and this pretty. These pj’s allow your tummy to stay covered so you stay warm on cold wintry nights.
If you are a nightgown kind of girl, this Nanette Lepore nursing nightgown is very pretty and since it has no buttons to fumble with in the middle of the night it is practical too.
This is another item of breastfeeding clothing that I really love. And this hoodie by Bearsland is highly rated on Amazon. It comes in so many different colors, you’ll want more than one.
Bonus: it has pockets!!!
Breastfeed Like A Boss – 52 Tips For The First Year of Breastfeeding was my answer to requests from moms for a book with quick tips that is easy to navigate and answers the question they have right now.
It’s digital so you can keep it on your phone for quick, easy access. One mom described it “like having a lactation consultant in your back pocket.”
The Nursing Mother’s Companion by Kathleen Huggins has always been a favorite of mine. I love how easy reading it is and how you can quickly find what you are looking for. This was the book I chose for our gift bags when I worked in the hospital.
Latch by Robin Kaplan is a great addition to the breastfeeding book market.
BREASTMILK STORAGE CUBE TRAY
I think Milkies Milk Trays are the very best way to freeze breast milk. The tube shape is about an ounce.
- It gives you maximum flexibility when deciding how much to thaw.
- You will waste less of your precious breast milk.
- Tube size will fit into any baby bottle opening.
- You can freeze them and then store the frozen tubes of milk in a container.
- You can fill some halfway to get a ½ oz for even more flexibility
I love cloth breastfeeding pads. They are more comfortable for your nipples. They are also environmentally friendly.
These Organic Bamboo Nursing Pads have a 4 1/2 star rating on Amazon from over a whopping 1000 reviews!
MULTI-FUNCTION NURSING SCARF
This is one of my favorite breastfeeding gifts because I love a product that does more than one thing.
This infinity scarf also can cover your little one’s car seat or stroller. It can be used as a nursing cover too.
Since it makes a gorgeous scarf you will be able to wear it long after your breastfeeding days.
FINAL THOUGHTS ON THE BEST BREASTFEEDING GIFTS
Breastfeeding is very economical. But these are a few goodies that can make it even more easy and enjoyable.